Cosmic Dimensions

Florida deputy shatters window to rescue toddler from sweltering car, dramatic video shows

Elektra

Florida deputy shatters window to rescue toddler from sweltering car, dramatic video shows

She also said the 1-year-old had been in the hot car for about 10 minutes. The high temperature in the area reached 80 degrees Monday.

“I’m going to smash the window here in a second if [the fire department] isn’t close,” the officer said. “I’m going to smash the window.”

“No, no, no!” the woman replied, according to the video.

“I have to, because she’s stuck in there!” the officer said. “She’s been in there for 10 minutes.”

The woman’s relationship with the toddler was unclear.

If that child was in my care and the keys got locked in the car, I wouldn't be saying "no". I would be saying "Do what you have to to save the child.".

The Lifetime movie fan in me tells me that the woman had no relation to the child and probably kidnapped that toddler. But that's the Lifetime fan in me talking. Something's definitely up with that woman. If she is related to that toddler, then she is just hideously negligent. Either way, that woman, honestly, should be arrested.