Cosmic Dimensions

Chicago teachers' $50B demands include pay hikes, abortions, migrant accommodation

Elektra

Chicago teachers' $50B demands include pay hikes, abortions, migrant accommodation

The Chicago Teachers Union (CTU) is negotiating a new contract with the public schools system and is understood to be calling for an extra $50 billion to pay for wage hikes as well as other demands such as fully paid abortions for its members, new migrant services and facilities and a host of LGBT-related requirements and training in schools. 

The incredible demands are being made despite its members delivering underwhelming results for its students, with only 21 percent of the city’s eighth graders being proficient readers, according to the last Nation’s Report Card, which provides national results about students' performance.

But the union also wants more taxpayers' funds to go to migrants in its far-reaching plan – earmarking $2,000 to be given to each migrant to help with academics, transportation and mental health counseling.

I understand more pay for teachers. Especially in Chicago. But the demands for this free money to illegal immigrants is going too far! So many barely make ends meet paying for what they have been, and will continue to, get for free.

• Like 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thx 4

16 minutes ago, Philip Gipson said:

Something most definitely needs to be done about the migrant situation. :(

I agree because they are just being given FREE money, FREE HOUSING (to a point), FREE healthcare. All while we have to work hard for it. Many of us are barely making ends meet.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jo Jo The Klown said:

How about the raises the teachers union is demanding is what pays for all these illegals. They did say they wanted to them to get this free sh*t.

I'm all for that! :thumbsup1:

iDt0JgR.jpg

Give them their asked for raise, but take half. Give to the illegals for a few months. See how fast they change their minds. 

OfmyPP9.jpg

Teachers are so overpaid. Honestly, the migrants deserve stuff WAY more than the teachers. At least the migrants are appreciative. Most teachers don't do sh*t for students, yet they want more money, I don't get it.

• Thx 2

3 hours ago, CEDAvsFan said:

Teachers are so overpaid. Honestly, the migrants deserve stuff WAY more than the teachers. At least the migrants are appreciative. Most teachers don't do sh*t for students, yet they want more money, I don't get it.

And the illegal migrants are invading us ullegally, but deserve it more. That says a lot about the quality of teachers. 

MXMKhTt.jpeg

On 5/6/2024 at 9:25 PM, CEDAvsFan said:

Let's give the migrants their jobs.  That'll put a stop to their entitled attitudes.

jI72VOf.jpg