Cosmic Dimensions

On 2/29/2024 at 8:39 PM, ND Refugee said:

Awesome player or just the flavor of the month?

Honestly? Both. I remember all of the buzz about Bedard entering the draft, and then he lives up to the hype and is basically the Blackhawks' best player. Before the injury, he was a shoo-in for the Calder Trophy (Rookie of the Year), though even though he's missed so many games, people are still saying he should get the Calder. So yeah, the kid's good. However, networks need to stop obsessing over him. I don't recall any past star rookie getting his a** kissed so much by talking heads. Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Connor McDavid--none of them got half of the attention and the overdone love as rookies that Bedard's getting. It's too much. They're even trying to compare Bedard to current superstars like the three I just mentioned, Auston Matthews, and Nathan MacKinnon.

So yeah, Connor Bedard's an amazing player...but he is not the center of the universe.

Edited by CEDAvsFan
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, CEDAvsFan said:

Honestly? Both. I remember all of the buzz about Bedard entering the draft, and then he lives up to the hype and is basically the Blackhawks' best player. Before the injury, he was a shoo-in for the Calder Trophy (Rookie of the Year), though even though he's missed so many games, people are still saying he should get the Calder. So yeah, the kid's good. However, networks need to stop obsessing over him. I don't recall any past star rookie getting his a** kissed so much by talking heads. Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Connor McDavid--none of them got half of the attention and the overdone love as rookies that Bedard's getting. It's too much. They're even trying to compare Bedard to current superstars like the three I just mentioned, Auston Matthews, and Nathan MacKinnon.

So yeah, Connor Bedard an amazing player...but he is not the center of the universe.

I'll admit he has talent, but he's wrapped up in himself like he thinks he is better than everyone. He's entitled.