Cosmic Dimensions

California Senate candidates spar over Dem's proposal for $50 minimum wage: 'Do the math'

Angie

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/california-senate-candidates-spar-over-dems-proposal-minimum-wage

"In the Bay Area, I believe it was the United Way that came out with a report that very recently $127,000 for a family of four is just barely enough to get by," Democrat Congresswoman Barbara Lee said when asked to defend her previous support of a $50 minimum wage and explain how it would be "sustainable."

Is dem congress woman Barbara Lee insane? Does she not realize this would lead to prices elsewhere going up. Bills too? As my friend @GMileyCollier78 would say "They're thinking this wage on today's prices."

"The consumers who are voters must have known what they were getting into by promoting this legislation to raise the minimum wage from $15 to $20 and on its way to $25," Wiederhorn told Fox Business this month.

That's a good point. The very people complaining the most have voted for the increase.

• Like 3

iDt0JgR.jpg

Seriously?! A $50 minimum wage now? That is absurd! That would be more than 3 times the current minimum wage. Inflation is bad enough. This kind of increase now would cause more trouble than it's worth.

When there was talk of $15 and hour, I said that people are thinking "Today's prices on that new wage" and that bills would go up soon after and that increase will mean nothing. Then it would be whining for $20 an hour, then $25 an hour, etc.

I hate to say, I told you all so.

• Like 1