Cosmic Dimensions

Medical center releases video warning patients and visitors against using 'unwelcome words' about race, gender

Norrie Calvert

Bad idea to refuse service to those "using unwelcome words about gender and race". I am in no way condoning racism or hate. But what this decision will do fuel lawsuits. Ones that could cost hospitals alot of money. That which in turn would hurt others down the line. Think about it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CEDAvsFan said:

Good to see hospitals not catering to toxic bigots and other problematic people. Now if only other businesses followed that example.

There's a huge flaw in this. If someone dies or is further injured, it opens up the hospital for a potential major lawsuit. Possibly multiple which could hurt many. So it's a "damned if you do damned if you don't" situation.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GMileyCollier78 said:

There's a huge flaw in this. If someone dies or is further injured, it opens up the hospital for a potential major lawsuit. Possibly multiple which could hurt many. So it's a "damned if you do damned if you don't" situation.

Ay caramba; that's wild!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2024 at 4:56 PM, CEDAvsFan said:

Good to see hospitals not catering to toxic bigots and other problematic people. Now if only other businesses followed that example.

I am with you. We need consequences for bigots and racists; all around hateful people and their hate. 

But if hospitals deny people care over it, they open themselves up to expensive lawsuits that can hurt many. So, I'm stuck on what can and should be done.