Cosmic Dimensions

Taylor Swift gets emotional on stage performing song 'Bigger Than the Whole Sky' after fan's death

Elektra

Taylor Swift gets emotional on stage performing song 'Bigger Than the Whole Sky' after fan's death

Taylor Swift delivered a powerful performance in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, possibly paying tribute to a fan, Ana Clara Benevides Machado, who died shortly before one of her shows.

Possibly but not confirmed.

Upon learning of Machado’s death, Swift expressed that she was "shattered" and "devastated" by the loss on her social media.

Swift added, "I’m not going to be able to speak about this from stage because I feel overwhelmed by grief when I even try to talk about it. 

If I was Taylor Swift, I would speak about it. I would dedicate an entire concert to Ana.

"I want to say now I feel this loss deeply and my broken heart goes out to her family and friends. This is the last thing I ever thought would happen when we decided to bring this tour to Brazil."

The venue should have been better prepared.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

On 11/22/2023 at 5:27 AM, CEDAvsFan said:

It would definitely help her case if she spoke more about it. Her statement about Brazil definitely doesn't help

Even a quick speech dedicating a concert to Ana would help.

• Like 1

OfmyPP9.jpg

On 11/22/2023 at 5:27 AM, CEDAvsFan said:

It would definitely help her case if she spoke more about it. Her statement about Brazil definitely doesn't help

I use to adore her. I looked up to her. Why didn't she care enough To make sure everything was okay? Why is she only helping Ana's family after so many pointed out she was focusing too much on herself?

Edited by Sam LaRusso
  • Thx 1

mCFvrwU.png

• Elektra unpinned this topic