Cosmic Dimensions

Trans swimmer breaks New Jersey college record after switching from men's team to women's

Elektra

Trans swimmer breaks New Jersey college record after switching from men's team to women's

Meghan Cortez-Fields won first place and broke a school record in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of 57.22 at the Cougar Splash Invitational, a two-day meet between six schools in Dallas, Pennsylvania. She also came in first place in the 200-yard individual medley and earned second place in the 200-yard butterfly.

The Ramapo swim team congratulated Cortez-Fields on Instagram for breaking the school record but deleted the post after former NCAA swimmer Riley Gaines drew attention to meet results on X. 

Thomas "is an inspiration to me in that way, but also I felt so bad for her because I know exactly what she was going through," Cortez said. "Even going into this season, I had a fear of succeeding, because I don’t want what happened to her to happen to me."

Riley "Transphobe" Gaines is at it again! Ever since she lost to Lia Thomas, she's crusaded against all those whom are transgender.

• Like 3
  • WTF 1