Cosmic Dimensions

California car dealership mistake ends with innocent driver held by police at gunpoint

I think that the police handled this poorly. The dealership did as well. The dealership falsely reporting him as armed and dangerous says a lot.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-driver-arrested-gunpoint-after-dealership-mistakenly-reports-loaner-car-stolen

A car dealership's clerical error led California police to arrest an innocent man at gunpoint in a terrifying mix-up.

Driver Jamie Rodgers can be seen with his hands in the air on side of the highway just before a cadre of officers armed with rifles and pistols approach him on dash cam footage provided to Fox 11 by the Orange County Sheriff's Department. 

The dealership had loaned Rodgers the vehicle while his was under repair - but after they lost track of the paperwork, per Fox 11, they reported the SUV as stolen. 

Rodgers' attorney told KTLA that his client was forced to resign as an athletic trainer at JSerra Catholic High School in San Juan Capistrano due to PTSD from the incident. He has since shifted to a career in real estate, attorney Scott Harlan said: 

"He's had to reinvent himself," Harlan told KTLA. "The problem with these things is an unintentional body movement can lead to death." 

Jamie Rodgers was arrested at gunpoint in June 2021 after a car dealership lost paperwork and reported his loaner car stolen. (KTTV)

Driver-Clerical-Error-Photo-3.jpg

Orange County Sheriff's Department officers are seen with rifles and handguns approaching Rodgers, who they believed was "armed and dangerous." (KTTV)

Driver-Clerical-Error-Photo-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thx 3

eGIVMLH.jpeg

The car dealership handled this poorly. It was not necessary to lie and say that the person who had the car was armed and dangerous when there was no cause for such a claim! 

The police behaved poorly as well. So many armed officers pointing weapons at an unarmed Blackman. Was that really necessary? :frustrated2:

• Like 1

iDt0JgR.jpg

On 4/25/2024 at 4:54 AM, CEDAvsFan said:

He better sue that dealership for everything they have and then some! That is clear negligence on their part! Part of me thinks they intentionally set him up.

The part that makes me think so is the false claim of armed and dangerous.

qNqo5Pg.jpg

He better sue that dealership for everything they have and then some! That is clear negligence on their part! Part of me thinks they intentionally set him up.

Do you think it's possible the one that reported the car stolen and said he was armed and dangerous might be racist?

iDt0JgR.jpg

Do you think racism is involved?

5W9yhR0.jpeg