Cosmic Dimensions

Black 'Doctor Who' condemns celebration of 'White mediocrity' while 'we have to be absolutely flawless'

Angie

It's simple. Ncuti Gatwa's basically saying that we (minorities) have to work twice as hard to get half as much, which is a sad truth. He's also saying that we aren't allowed "mulligans" like our White counterparts. A White person's mistake(s) get excused. Ours get heavily scrutinized. I've seen it in all areas; sports, entertainment, business, you name it.

• Thx 1

On 4/20/2024 at 3:47 PM, Tamara said:

People need to get over their racist tendencies. No one race deserves to be scapegoated.

I know, right? The civil war was over about over 100 years ago. People need to get over their racism.

AZILSsv.jpeg

On 4/21/2024 at 5:09 AM, CEDAvsFan said:

It's simple. Ncuti Gatwa's basically saying that we (minorities) have to work twice as hard to get half as much, which is a sad truth. He's also saying that we aren't allowed "mulligans" like our White counterparts. A White person's mistake(s) get excused. Ours get heavily scrutinized. I've seen it in all areas; sports, entertainment, business, you name it.

He's in the perfect position to raise awareness for this.