Cosmic Dimensions

California just hiked minimum wage for fast food workers. Some restaurants are replacing them with kiosks

Elektra

California just hiked minimum wage for fast food workers. Some restaurants are replacing them with kiosks

California just raised the minimum wage for the state’s fast food sector workers by $4 to $20. As if on cue, it raised a familiar refrain that those workers would be replaced by technology, such as self-service kiosks.

That’s likely to happen in some instances where business who haven’t yet done so will look to technology to help offset higher labor costs, industry experts said.

@Goldenforce772 was right.

• Like 3
  • Yes 1

23 hours ago, Goldenforce772 said:

Raise the minimum wage and you cost people their jobs. I've said this for eternity.

Yep. And haven't I been saying since the "fight for $15" started that once that was met, people would whine for more?

• Thx 1

10 minutes ago, GMileyCollier78 said:

Yep. And haven't I been saying since the "fight for $15" started that once that was met, people would whine for more?

Watch those same people complain for $25 an hour. 

iDt0JgR.jpg

On 4/11/2024 at 8:11 PM, Goldenforce772 said:

Raise the minimum wage and you cost people their jobs. I've said this for eternity.

They complain and fight for 15 calling it a living wage. They get it. Prices go up. Bills too. Jobs are cut. People being laid off. They demand more. The cycle starts again.

VSVbNoc.jpeg