Cosmic Dimensions

Olga Montes as Villainess Gloria Starkey (Alert: Missing Persons Unit)

CEDAvsFan

With Alert: Missing Persons Unit (finally) returning tonight, I thought I'd take a look back to the double episode event that ended Season One, mainly the first half, which was titled, "Briana." The first half centered on Briana Williams, who was attacked and abducted by a masked culprit during her wedding, and the investigation revealed that she was a cam girl, leading to a look into her clientele. One of her customers was a man named Henry Starkey, and a visit to the house briefly introduced his wife, Gloria Starkey, who invited the detectives in to talk to her husband.

However, Gloria turned heel following her brief introduction, as she put on her mask and entered her shed--which had Briana inside. Gloria's heel turn revealed that she had attacked and abducted Briana after finding out about the immense amount of money that Henry spent on her, money that she got back by force. Gloria was set to let Briana go, but a scuffle led to Gloria being unmasked and Briana sent through a window. What followed was Gloria's victim complex increasing exponentially; as she forces Henry to help kill Briana, and even shoots Henry when he rightfully protests his wife's maniacal plot. He survives, and Gloria's arrested.

Olga Montes appeared in "Briana" as the evil Gloria Starkey, the absolute best villainess from Season One. I loved Gloria, despite her "poor me" emotional blackmail in the second half of that episode. I loved Gloria's heel turn so much, mainly because she transformed herself into a maniacal masked villainess for her scene with Briana. Even now, we still don't see too many women donning the evil full face mask, so seeing Olga in the mask as part of Gloria's heel persona was absolutely beautiful!

978frk589kmc1.jpg?width=3000&format=pjpg

• Like 1
  • Thx 1

7 minutes ago, CEDAvsFan said:

With Alert: Missing Persons Unit (finally) returning tonight, I thought I'd take a look back to the double episode event that ended Season One, mainly the first half, which was titled, "Briana." The first half centered on Briana Williams, who was attacked and abducted by a masked culprit during her wedding, and the investigation revealed that she was a cam girl, leading to a look into her clientele. One of her customers was a man named Henry Starkey, and a visit to the house briefly introduced his wife, Gloria Starkey, who invited the detectives in to talk to her husband.

However, Gloria turned heel following her brief introduction, as she put on her mask and entered her shed--which had Briana inside. Gloria's heel turn revealed that she had attacked and abducted Briana after finding out about the immense amount of money that Henry spent on her, money that she got back by force. Gloria was set to let Briana go, but a scuffle led to Gloria being unmasked and Briana sent through a window. What followed was Gloria's victim complex increasing exponentially; as she forces Henry to help kill Briana, and even shoots Henry when he rightfully protests his wife's maniacal plot. He survives, and Gloria's arrested.

Olga Montes appeared in "Briana" as the evil Gloria Starkey, the absolute best villainess from Season One. I loved Gloria, despite her "poor me" emotional blackmail in the second half of that episode. I loved Gloria's heel turn so much, mainly because she transformed herself into a maniacal masked villainess for her scene with Briana. Even now, we still don't see too many women donning the evil full face mask, so seeing Olga in the mask as part of Gloria's heel persona was absolutely beautiful!

978frk589kmc1.jpg?width=3000&format=pjpg

Great assessment of the Gloria Starkey character.

27 minutes ago, Saw Tooth said:

Is that what season 1 was mostly about? I thought it was about a missing boy.

The missing boy was the centerpiece of Season One; that got solved in the season finale.

• Like 1
  • Thx 1

• 2 weeks later...