Cosmic Dimensions

Gina Carano Says a ‘Gentle’ Carl Weathers Reached Out After Her Firing From The Mandalorian

Elektra

Gina Carano Says a ‘Gentle’ Carl Weathers Reached Out After Her Firing From The Mandalorian

Gina Carano says that the late Carl Weathers “was gentle and encouraging” and “didn’t want me to give up” after she was fired from the Star Wars series The Mandalorian nearly three years ago.

In social media posts on Friday evening, Carano said, “Hearing the news of Carl Weathers passing today is shocking…. I was so looking forward to giving Carl the biggest hug at one of these fan expos I heard we were both going to be at this year.”

Carano wrote that Weathers reached out “after I was fired” from The Mandalorian, and once she was in an emotional state where she could discuss the matter, “He was gentle and encouraging and didn’t want me to give up, he was letting me know that he wasn’t throwing me away, he was trying to keep my hope alive in what seemed like quite hopeless scenario, he showed me he cared. That is who he was.”

• Like 4
  • Thx 1