Cosmic Dimensions

New COVID variant JN.1 now comprises up to 30% of US cases: CDC

Elektra

New COVID variant JN.1 now comprises up to 30% of US cases: CDC

JN.1, which is currently the country’s fastest growing variant, is expected to continue to increase in prevalence among COVID cases, the CDC stated.

It is very similar to the BA.2.86 variant, which is an omicron subvariant that emerged in August.

Okay.

The vaccines, tests and treatments that are currently available are expected to be effective against JN.1.

Good to know.

"This variant is spreading very rapidly, but fortunately the current updated vaccine continues to provide good protection against severe disease and the need to be hospitalized, and it will protect you from dying," said Dr. William Schaffner, an infectious diseases physician at Vanderbilt Medical Center in Tennessee, on "America’s Newsroom" on FOX News Channel on Dec. 22.

Really?

"We expected this increase because COVID-19 has had a pattern of increasing and peaking in late summer, and then again peaking around the new year," the CDC stated.

Or maybe because it's an election year maybe?

• Thx 3

Just now, Goldenforce772 said:

And for good reason. I took those useless vaccines and wound up getting COVID anyway. 

I was in the hospital 1 month before I joined here. The COVID vaccine nearly killed me. 

jI72VOf.jpg