Cosmic Dimensions

How the AFC and NFC South Can Be Won

The 18th and final week of the NFL season will feature, among other things, the AFC and NFC's South Divisions decided. In the AFC South, the Jacksonville Jaguars, the Indianapolis Colts, and the Houston Texans are all tied at 9-7. In the NFC South, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and the New Orleans Saints are tied at 8-8, while the Atlanta Falcons are still alive at 7-9. All 16 games played this week are divisional, and in the AFC South, the Jags face the Tennessee Titans, while the Colts and Texans face each other. In the NFC South, the Bucs face the Carolina.

Here's how the AFC South can be won:

JAX win = JAX

JAX loss = HOU/IND winner

HOU/IND tie + JAX tie = JAX

HOU/IND tie + JAX loss = IND

What this means is that Jacksonville wins the AFC South outright with a win. If Jacksonville loses on Sunday, the AFC South will go to the winner of the Houston/Indianapolis game on Saturday. If both AFC South games end tied, Jacksonville wins the AFC South. If HOU/IND ends tied and Jacksonville loses, Indianapolis wins the AFC South.

Here's how the NFC South can be won:

TB win = TB

TB loss = ATL/NO winner

ATL/NO tie + TB tie = TB

ATL/NO tie + TB loss = NO

What this means is that Tampa Bay wins the NFC South outright with a win. If Tampa Bay loses on Sunday, the NFC South will go to the winner of the Atlanta/New Orleans game that same day. If both NFC South games end tied, Tampa Bay wins the NFC South. If ATL/NO ends tied and Tampa Bay loses, New Orleans wins the NFC South.

• Thx 1

41 minutes ago, Damien Darhk said:

You state what is and what is possible. I want you to tell me how you want it to go.

The part of me that loves chaos wants TB to lose and ATL to beat NO so the Falcons can win the division with an 8-9 record. As for the AFC South, I would be happy with whoever wins that division, but I do want Jacksonville because of the AEW connection.

• Thx 1

8 hours ago, CEDAvsFan said:

The part of me that loves chaos wants TB to lose and ATL to beat NO so the Falcons can win the division with an 8-9 record. As for the AFC South, I would be happy with whoever wins that division, but I do want Jacksonville because of the AEW connection.

I don't see the Jaguars making it to off season, but I do hope they make it.

jI72VOf.jpg