Cosmic Dimensions

DoorDash now warns you about bad service if you don’t tip

Keri

DoorDash now warns you about bad service if you don’t tip

https://www.cnn.com/2023/11/01/business/doordash-tip-warning/index.html

Thinking of skimping on a DoorDash tip? Do so at your own risk, warns a message being tested by the food delivery provider.

If you try to place an order through the DoorDash app without leaving a tip, you may get this pop-up: “Orders with no tip might take longer to get delivered — are you sure you want to continue?” The note goes on: “Dashers can pick and choose which orders they want to do. Orders that take longer to be accepted by Dashers tend to result in a slower delivery.”

What this means is if you do not tip before you get service, it's your fault if you get bad service.

The message is just a test, DoorDash spokesperson Jenn Rosenberg told CNN in an email. “This reminder screen is something that we’re currently testing to help create the best possible experience for all members of our community,” she said.

This is a terrible idea! It's like saying "If you don't tip before service, we won't do anything to help you if you get bad service."

• Like 2
  • WTF 1
  • Scary 1
  • Disgusted 1

OfmyPP9.jpg

On 11/6/2023 at 1:57 PM, Tamara said:

I do Door Dash 5-7 days a week and make alot of money. I'll pick up any order that comes my way. I'll give someone great service even if they don't tip before receiving orders.

That is why you make alot of money.

KN13vsM.jpg

• 3 weeks later...